1. Religion & Spirituality

Sukhmandir Khalsa

Are You Credit Worthy?

By September 29, 2011

I overheard the words of a newscaster drift in from the TV blaring in the other room, "In California, 1300 homes are being foreclosed each day". I can't express how sad that makes me feel for homeowners.

Credit worthiness has been a big topic on the news these days as financial analysts continue to discuss the Wall Street bailout. The stock market is at an all time low. Unemployment is at an all time high. Banks are failing like dominoes crashing. Meanwhile computer screens ads are flashing, "Do you know your credit score?"

I thought I'd check mine out with the 'Bank of Gurbani'. For those of you not in the know, Gurbani is the Sikh scripture. Feeling like the scripture of the Guru Granth Sahib is just about the only creditworthy institution safe to bank on these days, I logged into Sikhi to the Max, a great Gurbani search engine. I typed in credit into English option box on the right.

So here's the score:

Jaa kai har dhan so sach saahu||
Those who possess the wealth of the Lord are the true bankers.
Gur poorai kar dheeno visaahu||3||
The Perfect Guru has established their line of credit. SGGS||189

So how do we obtain this wealth?

The answer is here

Follow the link and just type in the word "wealth" in the English option box at the top right. Come back and share any one of the 859 results, that you feel you can bank on.

True Wealth
Which is the True Wealth?
Photo © [S Khalsa]

Play Gurbani Word Association and begin saving up now.

Sikh Hymn Affirming Perfect Wealth "Mil Satigur Dhan Pooraa Paaiaa"
("Meeting the True Enlightener, Perfect Wealth Is Received")

Prosperity and the Laws of Attraction

Share a Spiritual Gem

Comments
September 29, 2008 at 9:23 pm
(1) containergardener says:

Hmmmm….I’m not sure I know what this means but I like the poetry of it.

He Himself is the Supreme Master of all; wealth and miraculous spiritual powers, and all other external tastes and pleasures, are all like beads on a string.

September 29, 2008 at 10:33 pm
(2) D says:

This one seems quite timely:
The masters of wealth and the great land-lords have fallen, crying out, “”This is mine! This is mine!”"||2||

September 30, 2008 at 1:48 am
(3) Satsimran says:

My credit score Is too low. :’(
I cry

September 30, 2008 at 4:46 am
(4) taran says:

hehehhehehe!! after reading all the scary stories in the papers on the way to work

that really cheered me up!!!

September 30, 2008 at 7:00 am
(5) Jen says:

Thought provoking. This one says it all, don’t you think?

Practicing egotism, selfishness and conceit, she wanders around the world, but her wealth and property will not go with her.

September 30, 2008 at 7:45 am
(6) Rain says:

Sukhmandir,

This was my favorite:

“Even with vast sums of wealth, the mind is not satisfied.”

You and Barb always get me to slow down and put it all into perspective. Thanks again.

September 30, 2008 at 8:14 am
(7) Deb says:

Here’s mine:

When the breath of life passes out of the mortal being, tell me, what becomes of his wealth?

I try to remain unattached, but it’s a constant struggle. I guess that’s partly what makes us human.

September 30, 2008 at 2:10 pm
(8) KatiyaLion says:

Honest business practice vs greed may have prevented a lot of what we are now seeing today. We can’t allow us as a society to loose our morals and take advantage of our neighbors, as we are all affected by societies devious actions.

Without the Name, wealth is useless; deceived by wealth, they have lost their way.

September 30, 2008 at 7:47 pm
(9) Tim says:

“O God, You are the Hope of all. All beings are Yours; You are the Wealth of all.”

For America’s poorest, I wonder if they find that they have no one else to turn to right now other than God.

October 2, 2008 at 10:49 am
(10) abeabbas says:

This is wealth I can believe in:

“We find the wealth of liberation, and our demerits are erased.”

October 1, 2011 at 2:17 pm
(11) Geza X says:

This is my first visit here. How delightful!