1. Religion & Spirituality

Sukhmandir Khalsa

Coloring "The Boy With Long Hair" Story Book

By June 4, 2012

Featured: Intent On Coloring The Boy With Long Hair Story Book

Coloring helps to make learning fun and interesting. The little girl pictured here is carefully coloring a golden aura around the head and turban of The Boy With Long Hair as she learns about how the boy feels sad at school when other kids make fun of him, and how children everywhere "smile in the same language."

"The Boy With Long Hair" Story Coloring Book by Pushpinder Singh: Review
Top Illustrated Children's Books About Sikhism
Free Guru Nanak Coloring Pictures

Connect With Sikhism
Twitter | Forum
Facebook | Newsletter
Pinterest | RSS
Comments
June 5, 2012 at 4:43 pm
(1) SELF SAGACITY says:

I think some of your posts don’t have the comment option?
I am getting use to coming here and navigating. Thanks for stopping by ;-)

June 5, 2012 at 4:44 pm
(2) blogger broadcast says:

Boys should be able to grow their hair long too. It’s only hair. :-)

June 5, 2012 at 5:35 pm
(3) color pages for kids says:

Hi there, I found your web site by means of Google while searching for a comparable topic, your website got here up, it appears great. I’ve added to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

June 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm
(4) Indrani says:

Coloring helps increase creativity and concentration in children. Great pic.

June 6, 2012 at 1:08 am
(5) Susan says:

My sister and I loved to color when we were kids. I don’t remember having coloring books that taught lessons or values, but it’s a good idea.

June 6, 2012 at 2:26 am
(6) Gattina says:

I loved coloring books when I was a child, now I paint myself, lol !

June 6, 2012 at 2:32 am
(7) iMaddy says:

My kids love to color too. I’ve noticed that with my kids, the girls are neat and take their time. My oldest son, on the other hand, colors as fast he can and doesn’t care if he colors outside of the lines.

June 6, 2012 at 3:02 am
(8) EastCoastLife says:

I love coloring and drawing when I was a kid. Sadly I did not become an artist when I grow up. I guess I just don’t have the talent.

During my elementary school, I had 2 classmates who wore turbans to school and they were constantly being teased by the boys from other races. I felt sad for these boys because they had no peace from those childish idiots.

June 6, 2012 at 8:32 am
(9) Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook says:

I think that’s great the coloring book also teaches a good lesson. It is a fun way to learn something important such as tolerance.

June 6, 2012 at 9:57 am
(10) LifeRamblings says:

Colouring is something most kids enjoy doing for sure.

June 6, 2012 at 10:25 am
(11) Kerry says:

When I was little my mom didn’t want us to use coloring books because she thought it stifled our creativity. Consequently, I loved them and when my children were small I gave them lots of coloring books and was really happy to help them color. However, I did make sure my coloring wasn’t too terribly neat so they wouldn’t feel bad if theirs wasn’t. It’s really hard for little ones to color within the lines and it’s really important to let them know that it’s ok.

June 6, 2012 at 11:38 am
(12) phylameana says:

I had downloaded a coloring app on my iPad. When I showed to my 3 year old grandson I asked him if he wanted to color the pictures, he promptly took a real Crayon and started scribbling on it…. LOL.

June 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm
(13) Stacey at RealWorldMom says:

What a wonderful view! If only more people could think like her!

June 6, 2012 at 3:26 pm
(14) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

Oh Phylameana that is just too funny lol

June 6, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(15) NS Gill says:

Kids in my family draw in lots of books, often very beautifully. I lent a book to a friend who moved out of town before she returned it and miss the colorful illustrations.

June 6, 2012 at 5:56 pm
(16) Newlyweds Guide Francesca says:

There’s something so relaxing about coloring. Even now, I’m always willing to pick up a crayon with the little ones in the family. This is a great pic.

June 6, 2012 at 6:06 pm
(17) Faythe @ GrammyMouseTails says:

Now that sounds like a great learning tool!

June 6, 2012 at 7:59 pm
(18) Molly Hall says:

I like the angle on this image – it protects the child’s privacy, and shows how absorbed she is in her coloring!

June 6, 2012 at 8:39 pm
(19) Nancy says:

Coloring is so very, very fun! I think it’s a great way to encourage children to be creative and learn at the same time.

June 7, 2012 at 12:40 am
(20) AVCr8teur says:

Coloring books is a fun way to learn and be creative. Each child can pick and choose which color he/she wants to use.

June 7, 2012 at 7:42 pm
(21) Donna PIlato says:

I love the girl’s concentration on her work. I remember those days when my children learned lessons from coloring books too.

June 9, 2012 at 10:48 am
(22) Robin from Israel says:

Coloring books and stories are a wonderful way to pass traditions on to a new generation.

PS I think your latest post is missing the comment option.