1. Religion & Spirituality

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Sukhmandir Khalsa

Ornament Featuring Guru Nanak

By December 22, 2012

Featured : Guru Nanak Ornament

The ornament featuring Guru Nanak founder of the Sikh religion hangs from a canopy suspended above the holy scripture Guru Granth Sahib (not shown).

Guru Nanak - Ornament
Guru Nanak Ornament
Photo © [S Khalsa]

Guru Nanak Dev (1469 - 1539)
Guru Nanak The Founder of Sikhism
Introduction to the Life of Guru Nanak

Connect With Sikhism
Twitter | Forum
Facebook | Newsletter
Pinterest | RSS
Comments
August 13, 2008 at 2:33 am
(1) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

This ornament is sewn to the center of a canopy suspended above Guru Granth Sahib and is inside the home of Sikh who has set aside a room for daily worship and reading of the Sikh scripture.

August 13, 2008 at 3:43 am
(2) The Right Blue says:

That’s very pretty. I like the colored beads.

August 13, 2008 at 4:30 am
(3) Elaine says:

great shot, happy WW! and thanks for stopping by! and i hope i get my air conditioner fixed soon too! *hot flash* :)

August 13, 2008 at 4:32 am
(4) Napaboaniya APAD says:

Beautiful hanging ornament :)

August 13, 2008 at 5:03 am
(5) Rajson says:

Thank,s for looking in!
A beatufull photo of very importatn person for you.
HAve a nice WW!

August 13, 2008 at 7:54 am
(6) NS Gill says:

Yes, it is pretty, bright, and colorful, and so is the room above where the service is going on.

August 13, 2008 at 8:06 am
(7) shannon says:

Obviously this ornament has a deeper meaning than just a pretty decoration.

August 13, 2008 at 9:04 am
(8) Beth says:

I like the ornament, but I especially like the idea of having an entire room set aside for contemplation and worship, something we so often miss out on in our overly-hurried lives these days.

August 13, 2008 at 10:19 am
(9) Newlyweds Guide Francesca says:

What an interesting photo. I like how it is such a close up of the ornament. But I must agree that it’s more important to know of the room set aside for daily worship and reflection. I think people of many different religions would appreciate that in their homes. Thanks!

August 13, 2008 at 11:28 am
(10) Kris Hirst says:

So many interesting things to learn on Sikh gurus! Thanks much…

Kris

August 13, 2008 at 11:47 am
(11) Kallie says:

I agree that a reflection room is a great idea.

Hmm… I’ve got a bedroom, a living room, a bathroom and a kitchen. Guess the living room will have to go!

What does the rest of this room look like, Sukhmandir?

August 13, 2008 at 11:55 am
(12) Randall says:

That is the most unusual picture frame I’ve ever seen. It certainly does create a place of honor for the picture.

August 13, 2008 at 1:02 pm
(13) Phylameana lila Desy says:

Interesting photo display in honor of the founder of your religion. I once considered clearing out a closet to use as a meditation/prayer/reflection room. There was room for a chair and a wee table, but I am a bit claustrophobic and didn’t do it. I knew a family that had a prayer closet and the mom used it daily for a bit of solitude. It was one place she could go and the children were not allowed to enter or knock on the door. Her children were also allowed to use it once each day if they chose.

August 13, 2008 at 2:19 pm
(14) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

Kallie – The entire Master Bedroom suite on the secon floor has been set aie for a worship place I have more pictures. I’ll let you now when they are up.

August 13, 2008 at 3:48 pm
(15) Deborah says:

Wow, I do believe this is my most favorite picture for WW yet. Where do you find all these great photos?

August 13, 2008 at 4:44 pm
(16) Irene says:

Hello!

Nice and peacefull picture.

By, Irene from Göteborg in Sweden

August 13, 2008 at 6:02 pm
(17) Sukhmandir Kaur says:

I took this one. I saw that and thought this would make a great WW :) I carry a couple cameras around with me now, and still manage to miss really great photo oportunnties but I’m learning :)

August 13, 2008 at 6:32 pm
(18) Suzanne says:

You’re doing a great job! I love coming to see what you’ve got for WW each week. I’m really learning a lot from your site.

Like others have said, the idea of a room set aside for reflection and meditation is very appealing – seems like it would offer a great respite from stress!

August 15, 2008 at 8:41 am
(19) The Urban Buddha says:

Very pretty picture! And an interesting blog! Thanks for sharing! :)

August 15, 2008 at 12:08 pm
(20) Lahle Wolfe says:

I felt a sense of “happy” and “peace.” Kind of reminded me of Christmas and remembrance. Although I am sure intended as an ornament representing more specific spiritual things, it somehow seems more universal in its appeal.

August 16, 2008 at 1:36 am
(21) christine says:

it is indeed a very interesting photo. thanks for sharing.

October 7, 2009 at 7:34 am