Meet the Sikh O Lantern, or Jack O Lantern carved with Sikhism symbols:
- Ik OnKar or "One With Everything" symbolizing the unity of creator and creation.
- Khanda the Sikhism Coat of Arms symbolizing spiritual and secular authority.
- How to Carve an Ik Onkar or Khanda Sikh O Lantern Illustrated Instructions
The Lion Jack O Lantern celebrates the king in Singh. Every male Sikh carries the name of Singh meaning "Lion," symbolizing courage and the kingly status of unshorn hair and beard like that of the lion's mane. Carve a Lion Jack O lantern to illuminate your autumn nights:
- How to Carve a Lion Jack O Lantern Illustrated Instructions
Carve a fluted bowl from a pumpkin shell and fill with your favorite recipe. Pumpkin bowls can be baked or filled with seasonal Sikhism vegetarian recipes:
- Pineapple Pumpkin Ambrosia Recipe
- Ginger Beet Cauliflower and Pumpkin Seeds With Green Chili
- How to Carve a Bowl From a Pumpkin Shell Illustrated Instructions
Wondering what to do with all those pumpkins seeds left over after carving pumpkins into Jack O Lanterns? Pumpkin seeds are loaded with nutrition. Try roasting pumpkin seeds with curry seasoning: