Preet Heart Prem Tart is a tasty raw food recipe featuring a raw chocolate cacao powder, date, walnut, fudge tart topped with coconut cashew creme and a sliced strawberry heart.
The word preet means "love" and prem means "beloved" making these tarts perfect for very special occasions such as:
This divine delight is a conscious contemplation bibek recipe, and is as nutritious as it is delicious. When preparing Sikhism sweets for sangat, remember to wash your hands, cover your head, recite "Waheguru" and follow Eight Guidelines For Langar.
A round young coconut with a light colored shell and heavy with coconut water is best for this recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Soak almonds & cashews overnight: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen 2 inch tarts
- Raw Chocolate Walnut Fudge:
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 3 cups raw walnut pieces
- Coconut Creme:
- 1/2 the rind of 1 fresh coconut
- 1/2 the juice of 1 fresh coconut
- 1/4 cup soaked cashews (optional)
- 1/4 cup soaked peeled almonds (optional)
- Strawberry Hearts:
- 12 fresh strawberries
Prepare Naam Nutty Fudge
Read all directions through prior to preparation as several steps require doing an hour or more ahead of time.
- Blend nutty chocolate fudge ingredients together in food processor until they forms granules following these step by step directions.
- Gather and roll nutty chocolate fudge into balls and flatten with hands or the bottom of a glass into a 2 inch disk. Alternately roll fudge out between two pieces of saran wrap or wax paper. Use the rim of an overturned juice glass and press into rolled out fudge. Peel plastic wrap or paper away and carefully remove disk from surrounding fudge, Gather together and repeat. Cut out 2 inch disks (or hearts) with a cookie cutter. Clean as necessary as it will become sticky. Cut 36 disks in all. Remember to focus on the divine with naam and recite "Waheguru".
Prepare Coco Creme
- Soak almonds and cashews at least one hour to overnight.
- Collect coconut water. - Use a sharp slender knife or ice pick to puncture the most tender of the eyes. Drain the juice into a large cup or glass. Taste a spoonful to ensure that it is fresh.
- Crack coconut. Tap or bounce coconut on a concrete surface several times to loosen coconut from shell, until it cracks. Use a stiff heave blade and make several thin slices from edge to center of coconut. Slip the blade between coconut and shell carefully to pry the coconut free.
- Make coconut creme. Blend strips of coconut with just enough coconut water to make a fine thick cream. Add coconut juice a spoonful at a time as necessary until coconut is creamy. Add soaked cashews and almonds if desired to coco creme. Contemplate love of Ik Onkar, creator and creation while reciting "Waheguru".
- Slice Strawberries lengthwise into heart shapes. EAch strawberry should render three slices. Set aside or refrigerate for up to one hour. Focus on divine love and remember to recite "Waheguru".
- Chill Coco creme and fudge tarts 1 hr or more prior to assembly.
Spread coco creme on fudge disk and top with a sliced strawberry heart to create a delicious raw Strawberry Preet Heart Coco Creme Nutty Fudge Prem Tart. Keep heart and mind tuned to spiritual love and remember to recite "Waheguru".
- Serve immediately, or same day, with love. Remember to recite "Waheguru".