Ladoo is a traditional Indian food confection distributed for special occasions, ceremonies and celebrations such as weddings, the birth of a child, or offered as a part of langar during kirtan programs, rain sabahee kirtan, or kirtan smagam (get together).
The recipe for Naam Ladoo, a spiritual confection, is prepared with naam while doing naam jap, reciting Waheguru with the tongue or breath, or while doing naam simran, engaging the mind in remembering Waheguru.
Recipe for Naam Ladoo.
- 1 lb or 2 cups softened butter (4 cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cups ground almonds (badam)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (powdered), plus about 2 cups for icing
- 2 tsp vanilla powder or extract (alcohol free)
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour (maida}
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes
- Naam Jap - Gurmanter - Waheguru - Name of God
Naam - the essential ingredient in Naam ladoo.
"Nit japeeai saas giraas naao paravdigar daa"||
"With every breath and morsel of food, remember the Name of the Cherisher Lord." SGGS||518
Naam jap: Recite gurmanter or mool manter, and listen to gurbani kirtan continually while preparing naam ladoo.