A pothi may be:
- Amrit Kirtan - Selected hymns from Guru Granth Sahib.
- Bahu Shabdee - Hymns of Asa di Var (aasaa dee vaar).
- Steek - Set of two or more volumes containing the complete Guru Granth and translation for study purposes.
- Santhia or Senchia - Set of two or more Gurmukhi volumes containing the complete Guru Granth for study purposes.
- Nitnem Gutka - a small volume containing the five required daily prayers and often other verses.
- Sukhmani Sahib - A hymn from Guru Granth Sahib having 24 parts.
- Sundar Gutka - A volume containing the Amrit Banis, selected verses from Guru Granth such as Sukhmani Sahib, and selections from Dasam Granth (compositions of Guru Gobind Singh, tenth spiritual master of the Sikhs).
Pronunciation: The t is aspirated and should be enunciated with a puff of air when saying po - tea.
Alternate Spellings: pothee