Sixth Guru and Family:
Spiritual and Secuar Authority:
Important Dates and Corresponding Events:
Damodari: About January of 1605 A.D. or 1661 SV, month of Magh, day seven, during the waxing of the moon - Har Govind weds Damodari, the daughter of Narain Das of Dalla who is the grandson of Pero. Damodari's sister Ramo is the wife of Sain Das.
- Guru Ditta - Daroli Bhai, Firozpur, November 15, 1613 - 1638 A.D
- Bibi Viro - Amritsar, born July 11, 1615 A.D.
Nankee: About January of 1605 A.D. or 1661 SV, month of Magh, day seven, during the waxing of the moon - Har Govind is betrothed to Nankee (1598 - 1678 A.D.), the daughter of Hari Chand of Bakala. About 1610 - 1613 A.D. Amritsar - Hari Chand requests Guru Har Govind to honor his betrothal and wed Nankee on Vaisakh, the New Year, (mid April).
- Ani Rai - 1675 SV, month of Maghar, day 16.
- Atal Rai - October 23, 1619 - July 23, 1727 or September 13, 1628 A.D. or 1677 SV, month of Kartak.
- Teg Bahadar - Amritsar, (April 18 - November 24, 1675 A.D. Nanakshahi) April 1, 1621 A.D. or 1679 SV, month of Vaisakh, day five, during the waning moon.
Maha Devi (Marwahi): About 1613 - 1618 A.D. Mandali (aka Jandiyali, Shekhupura) - Guru Har Govind weds Maha Devi (aka Marwahi) after accepting wedding gifts from her father, Dwara (aka Daya Ram Marwah) and his wife Bhagan.
- Suraj Mal - Amritsar, June 9 1617 - 1645 A.D. or born 1674 SV, month of Har.
Chronology of Life - Dates correspond to the Nanakshahi calendar.
- Birth: Amritsar - July 5, 1595. Born to mother, Ganga, and father, Guru Arjun Dev Sodhi.
- Inauguration as Guru: Amritsar - June 11 1606, Guru Arjun appoints his only son, Har Govind (Hargobind) age 11, successor.
- Akal Takhat: July 2, 1606. Guru Har Govind erects the Akal Takhat, temporal seat of authority to face the Golden Temple Harmandir, religious seat of authority, in Amritsar, India.
- Imprisoned: Fort Gwalior - 1617 - 1618, (*1609-1612) Released during Diwali festival.
Battles (Dates in accordance with Encyclopaedia of Sikhism by Harbans Singh):
- Ruhela - September 28, 1621, and October 4, 1621.
- Amritsar - April 14, 1634.
- Lahira near Mehraj, modern day Bathinda - December 16, 1634.
- Kartar Pur - April 26 - 27, 1635.
- Founding of Kirat Pur: May 1, 1626.
- Death: Kirat Pur - March 19, 1644. Guru Har Govind appoints Har Rai his successor.
(According to History of Sikh Gurus Retold by historian Surjit Singh Gandhi)