Reversible Rumala Coverlet for Portable Altar
The rumala coverlet is the top most drapery to cover the scripture of Guru Granth. The reversible rumala coverlet is has fabric on one side and contrasting material on the other side. A contrasting Khanda is appliquéd to each side.
Materials needed for reversible ramala coverlet:
- 1 1/4 yard each of main fabric and contrasting material.
- Matching thread.
- 1 1/4 yards of Trim.
To make the rumala coverlet:
- Cut a square 45"x45" from both the main fabric and contrasting material.
- Pin and stitch three side of the two pieces together, wrong side out.
- Turn the resulting envelope right side out.
- Turn raw edges in to form the bottom of the coverlet.
- Pin and stitch trim to hide seam.